Aside from not traveling or getting to see anybody, our holiday season this year didn't feel all that different and we were very blessed to be able to celebrate Christmas with good health, good food, and of course great gifts!
Our season leading up to Christmas was filled with our traditions. We started with adorning the outside of our house with lights and decorations followed a week later by the indoor decorations including our Christmas village and Christmas tree. Adam and I put all the ornaments on the tree ourselves this year too and I think the tree looked beautiful! We baked lots of cookies, decorated lots of cookies, watched many Christmas movies, enjoyed a night with the symphony and drove through the Nights of Lights throughout December. A few days before Christmas, we built and decorated our gingerbread house too!
Christmas Eve was different in that after our dinner of Spaetzel soup we had Christmas Eve mass in the family room watching St Patrick's Cathedral mass on TV. After dinner, we enjoyed our cheese and pepperoni listening to Christmas music followed by opening a few gifts. The best gift was the last - Mom and Dad set up a small scavenger hunt for Adam and me. We started by opening a card with a poem that gave us a hint to look in the mud room for a gift. We opened that gift which was a bell for a bicycle. The next clue led us upstairs to Mom and Dad's closet where we found new bikes! Wow, we were surprised! Another different thing we did on Christmas Eve was the Cousins Christmas show. Adam, Saige and I all had the opportunity to show off some of our talents for the family on a Zoom call. I began the show and played the piano, Saige danced next and Adam finished the show with some magic tricks that I helped him record prior to the show.
Christmas day was nice. We were able to see family on video calls, show off our presents from Santa and open a few other gifts from our grandparents. I go some things that I wanted such as pjs, a robe, a makeup mirror, and some cozy socks but the bicycle was by far the most unexpected gift of all! It was such a nice holiday - for a moment we almost forgot about stupid COVID as I like to call it. I can see many bike rides in my future once the weather warms up (it definitely wasn't warm enough on Christmas day to be riding bikes - IT WAS COLD!)
No comments:
Post a Comment